Wednesday 11 December 2013

Back from Whence You Came, Creature of Hell!

One of the troop types featured in Mayhem is the Swarm - a unit that makes more of a nuisance of itself rather than killing anyone. I quite fancied having a swarm unit but I have never liked the idea of masses of frogs, rats, etc in a battle. In a dungeon or skirmish, yes, but in open warfare, no!

Chaos Swarm
So I've been looking for something to make little a mass of little creatures of Chaos - imps, perhaps and came across these. They are actually from Dark Realm's 6mm Scifi Range and go for £3.00 for 25.

I managed to mount nineteen of the little blighters on a 40mm by 30mm base (so that they can also be used as a HotT horde). So that leaves me with six more to use in fantasy or pulp skirmishes.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I am not going to manage to fight the battle between the Crusaders and Chaos Army before my son returns home from uni. So they have all had to return to their boxes until after Christmas. Not that I am envious of all you lucky people who have wargame rooms - not many, Benny!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a permanent table either.
    Could you not keep the boxes in a corner and have a wee game on the kitchen/dining room table that was set up and cleared in an evening morning?
    I sometimes set up a game on the table leave it overnight and play in the morning.Small,quick games on limited table size and with small forces (numerically in this case) can be great fun and just what people need with busy lives...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life and work demands tend to mean that games, even small ones, take several sessions to reach their conclusion so I'm afraid that the dining room table is out, especially as it is also regularly used for evening meetings.
      But thanks for your suggestion.
      At least with two boys away at uni/college I can use their rooms outside holiday time (as long as we don't have other people staying with us!)

      Delete