Tuesday 15 October 2013

Recruiting Again

Well, I've had a good read of Bombshell Games' "Mayhem" fantasy mass battle wargame rules and I have to say that I do like the look of them. They just give that little bit more opportunity than "Hordes of the Things" and "Rally Round the King" to tinker with your units so that you can create the type of troops exactly as you imagine. And thankfully Mayhem, while suggesting base-sizes, allows you to use units as already based for other games (both HoTT and RRtK use bases with 40mm frontages for 15mm figures).

The one problem is that both Mayhem and RRtK require heroes, generals and sorcerers to be based individually and preferably on round bases.

Queue a fortunate find on eBay:-



There's enough individual figures here to create a number of characters for several of my armies as well as bolster up a couple of them (RRtK needs more units than the average HoTT one).

And I've sold off my 15mm scifi stuff also thanks to eBay so I have some "pocket money" to fill the gaps in my armies' leadership. And I've got a few days annual coming up so hopefully I'll get some painting done too. Who knows...I might even get a game!!!!

Isn't life (and God) good!

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I look forward to seeing the troops marshalled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good find :-)

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it!
    I can't believe just how many of the figures fit into my 15mm fantasy armies. I couldn't have done better myself if I had visited the stalls at a wargames convention. And the whole lot for just over a tenner including P&P!
    I've started on the monks for my crusader army.
    Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete